Storm Water Management

Richland County’s storm water management and sediment control regulations are administered by the Richland Soil and Water Conservation District (RSWCD). Before moving any soil, use the handy Do I Need a Permit? tool to help determine if you need to apply for a permit. To read RSWCD’s regulations, click here.

RSWCD offers property owners assistance with drainage and erosion concerns, flooding, pond building and maintenance, forestry management, agricultural programs, and aerial-GPS maps.

To view RSWCD's interactive watershed map, click here.