If you wish to create a major subdivision, you will need to follow these steps and submit all of the following documents:
Major subdivisions will be reviewed and approved in 2 stages:
- Preliminary Plan Stage
- Final Plat Stage
- Submission of an application for the Preliminary Plan Approval is required by the subdivider.
- 2 copies of the Application for Preliminary Plan Approval
- 7 copies of the Preliminary Plan prepared by a qualified, professional engineer of professional surveyor, along with a reproducible tracing
- The specific contents of this Preliminary Plan are identified in the Subdivision Regulations for Richland County, OH; Article III, Section 300.3.
- Upon determination by the RCRPC that the Preliminary Plan has been properly submitted in accordance with procedures and requirements, the Preliminary Plan shall be accepted and officially submitted and it shall be so dated.
- A copy of the Preliminary Plan will then be transmitted to the members of the Zoning and Subdivision Review Committee of the RCRPC for their review and recommendation. Review and recommendations will occur within 15 days from the date of transmission.
- After the Preliminary Plan has been approved, the subdivider will submit a Final Plat of the proposed subdivision and drawings and specifications of all improvements required therein.
- The following shall be submitted to the RCRPC for Final Subdivision Plat Approval
- 2 copies of the Application for Final Plat Approval
- 6 copies of the Final Subdivision Plat and reproducible tracing
- 6 copies of Final Plat Improvement Drawings
- 1 copy of protective covenants, if common property and/or improvements are part of the plat
- 1 copy of performance guarantees approved by the County Prosecutor and reviewed by the County Engineer
- A receipt indicating payment of Plat filing fees
- Plan checking and field inspection fees
- The specific contents of the Final Subdivision Plat are identified in the Subdivision Regulations for Richland County, OH; Article III, Section 300.4.
- Review and recommendations will occur within 30 days from the date of transmission
- Approval of the Final Plat may be given 2 ways
- Before Construction of Improvements
- After Construction of Improvements
For a complete and more detailed description of the Major Subdivision Process, please refer to the Subdivision Regulations for Richland County, Ohio; Article III, Section 300.2.